Jan 30, 2014

January 2014's Joy Jar

As usual it takes me a while to post the previous months review. Maybe I should make it my resolution to post them in a more timely fashion! :-)

Running achievements: 
  • While I was visiting my parents in my hometown I went running with my brother-in-law. I am usually a lone runner but running with him it was a pleasure: he is much fitter than I am but he was very patient, sensitive and flexible to adapt to my limitation. It's all about running with the right partner, I guess.  
  • I registered for the 10K race on the 1st of March, Music Marathon Festival in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. Time to go shopping for those proper running shoes once and for all!
Writing: On top of my usual contributions I wrote a few articles for Lanzarote Information of which I particularly proud of: 


Cleaning: I give away some clothes & shoes to a friend. In order not to aggravate the already obvious lack of space in my closet I also made two decisions:
  • try not to buy anything new unless I really need it (like the running shoes I mentioned above!)
  • in case I can do without buying something, I have to get rid off at least the equivalent amount or more 

And finally, next month is my birthday. Last year it was a big 0 one but I didn't really treat myself to anything extra special. So this year I did it. It's being ordered but I don't want to spoil the surprise... watch this space, I'll keep you posted!

*********************************************************
This is the post that started this year's resolutions: Joy Jar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment